The Blanchard Bunch

The Blanchard Bunch

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Where's Waldo?

I’m sitting here waiting on the baby we’re babysitting to wake up for his midnight snack and thinking about where everyone is this weekend.

Derrick is over at Nick’s 15th birthday party, enjoying the food and company, I’m sure. I know of at least one present he got today and I’m certain he’s enjoying that with him as well.

Chris asked to spend this weekend with his grandmother, so he’s been over there since Friday night. They’ve definitely come a long way in their relationship over the past four months. I’m so very glad he now wants to spend time with her and she gets to enjoy his company and just be Grandmother now. I know she is too.

Britt had two volleyball games this afternoon and had to play the full time during both of them because they were short two players. The games were back-to-back, so she was pretty worn out. Not too worn out to spend some time with her boyfriend afterword at home, though. J

Sissy ran into a friend of hers while we were out shopping tonight. She went with her for a while so she could see her new apartment and they could catch up a little. I had to laugh when she called and asked me if she could spend the night with her tonight. My response was, “I just met her tonight and the only thing I know about her is she’s 18 and has her own apartment. That would be a no.” Fortunately, for her, she understood right away and didn’t argue with me.

This is the first time in a while that we’ve had so many kids gone at the same time. Having the hobbits asleep right now in addition, makes the house a little bit quieter than we’re used to; well, it would if Manna wasn’t so talkative. J

No comments:

Post a Comment